Friday, February 22, 2008

USD/JPY Trade Review

Hi guys,
Today the markets were a pretty choppy. That is why I coundn't blog in real-time, while I was trading. But never the less here is my trade in USD/JPY. I went short @ 107.28 with a target @ 106.93 = 35 Pips Profit. My initial Stop-Loss were set @ 107.40. My Risk/Reward Ratio was: 2,9.

Let's look at the charts:


You can see a double top in the Asian-Session. The overall trend was down, so the only way I would enter a trade was short. I decided to short at the pullback of the break-out.

The "real"pullback never came. But there was a good opportunity for a short. The price pauses at M2 (107.28) That was a good opportunity to get into the short position. And the overall trend was down too.

Let's look what happened: The USD/JPY fell to S1 @ 106.93. Where I put my take profit order.

This was a stress free nice 35 Pips Move! Yes, indeed I am a very conservative trader. But capital preseravtion is one of my trading goals, because I want to trade even in 100 years.

Happy stress-free trading.

No comments: